Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Happy Birthday Sir Mike!

(A blog post for a public servant who serves with a heart, with no egotistical intentions)

You were Vice Mayor of Cebu City when I first heard of the name, Michael Rama. And the first time I saw you in person was during the Vice Mayor’s League of the Philippines (VMLP) Convention on June 2008 at the Negros Oriental Convention Center. I was still in second year college that time (at Negros Oriental State University-Dumaguete) when our editor-in-chief of the school publication assigned me to cover the event. Upon knowing that you were the president of the league, I became more excited as I always look up to the politicians of Cebu and as what my father had mentioned about you—a competent leader. Also, every time I hear a known politician coming to visit our province, I am eager to meet that person as I am a fan of politics.

I intently listened as you delivered your speech during that affair which tackled on environment protection and preservation. I even took a note about it, but I can no more trace where that notebook is. It was a gathering of the leaders, attended by Broadcast Journalist Korina Sanchez who represented in behalf of Mar Roxas (she was still unmarried that time). I observed the Vice Mayors were even zealous to have a photo privilege with Ms. Korina.

I spent my internship at The Freeman on the summer of 2010. I saw you again during the opening of the Philippines Veteran’s Bank at Jones Avenue. You were the Acting Mayor that time, and you looked younger than you were still Vice Mayor.

I came back to Cebu on the following year, searching for a job. And never did I expect that I will have a chance to temporarily sit down in one of the chairs in your office as I am currently working in the Office of the Senior Citizens’ Affairs (OSCA)-Mayor’s Office, wherein I am not just seeing you regularly, but meeting and greeting you “good morning sir/good afternoon sir” every time you get inside the office (usually in your “bagets” outfit) or every time I meet you at the hallway; writing several letters addressed to your name (undersigned by our chief, Jeffrey Ocampo).

You are one of the few politicians whom I highly respected most. Observing the way you run the government of Cebu City is evidence to the words of my father, that you are a good leader. Watching you in your fast-paced steps is enough to convince me and the whole Cebuano community that you are a commendable, transparent leader… a mayor who’s not thinking of his self-satisfaction, but working and doing everything (though it might risk his name) for the welfare of all his constituents.

I salute you sir! It’s more than a privilege to be working in your office even for a contractual basis; much more of a privilege because I even got the chance to visit your place, the Rama Compound for countless of times now.

In your 57th birthday, I hope God will give you more strength as you continue facing the daily challenges of life as a public servant, and as you continue fighting for what is just and right.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 chikaDORAs:

Albert Einstein☺ said...

how old na siya te doh?

optimistic dora said...

@albert:

he's 57 na bert...