Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Just a short route


(I can’t think of a better title on this post, so just bear with it. Thank you!)


Politics is no more new to me. At a young age, I am already acquainted with the reality about politics because of my father who served for three consecutive terms or nine years as councilor in our town. He ran as Vice Mayor, but lose because of having no enough funds.

I’m already exposed to the political moves of politicians, the response of abusive constituents, the “advantage-takers”, the criticizing people, the fault-finders, and other kinds of people.

Papa used to meet with big politicians in the province, and there were also times that these political names were the ones visiting the house, while I was at one corner, listening to them as they discussed matters. Most of the politicians are wise and selfish (a little), but papa is different. I’m saying this not because he is my father, but because I know who he really is, especially on his political apparitions.

Allow me to share this to you, a testimony why for me, papa is an ideal public servant who is not self-serving, who isn’t greedy, and who is willing give what he has for others’ sake.

----------------

He has served for three consecutive terms or nine years as councilor in the town of La Libertad in Negros Oriental. During his time as public servant in the municipality, even if no more coin is left in his pocket, everything he did so he can borrow money from another and give it to the needy.

He was only able to benefit a little from his salary since he entered politics, In his nine years of public service, he wasn’t even been able to buy a “trisikad” (padyak-padyak) nor build a home for his own family. Now, he and his family live in the house of his wife’s parents for 21 years.

Now, he’s back to service as Barangay Secretary but his job is more than what a barangay captain does. Barangay North Poblacion is better and more peaceful than before through his contributions. Most of the new ordinances in the Barangay came from his suggestions and idea.

Though oftentimes, his kindness is abused, but he never stops serving the people of La Libertad. He has helped many people in his town and continuously helping them.

PS. I’m writing this because I’m currently working in a local government office where I have no escape from politics. People here are always talking about that thing.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: