Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Get lost on Sunday morning


“I said I entrust everything to you Lord… my life, my every day journey.”

You brought me into this place Lord. I was welcomed. My name was specially mentioned as their only visitor.

The truth is, sometime last week, Uncle Jeff and Auntie Gisela invited me to attend the Sunday service of their ministry at 9:30 in the morning. I set 8:00am as my morning call, but I don’t know what’s wrong with my phone but it did not alarm, so ‘twas already 8:27 when I woke up.
Auntie Cita, an OSCA volunteer was already sending me blank messages as reminder that she was already waiting outside the center (as we agreed that whoever comes first must wait for the other).

I replied, “I’m coming”, but the jeep stopped near Sto. Niño church because of the “No Entry” sign at the corner. So I was forced to step down from the vehicle with my 3-inch closed pair of shoes. I forgot the way/street going to the center. I was lost at the moment. I didn’t know where to go to, but I found this center. I won’t just mention the name, but it sounds similar to the ministry my uncle told me. So I went up the stairs, and I heard loud praises of devotees. Then what came to mind is, “Ahh, maybe this is the ministry uncle told me.”

It was on the 2nd floor. A woman went out from the room and welcomed me to their ministry. I was a little hesitant, but I pushed myself to get in. But I asked her first if Uncle Jeff and his family are already inside. “Kinsa nga Jeff dai?” her answer made me doubt if that was really the place. Whaaaaat? But I have no more choice. I was already stepping in their center, so I have to attend their service.

What I just put in mind is, “Lord, You brought me here. I trust You. It’s Your will that should prevail. This is still the same place as to churches where Your sons and daughters worship You.”
It is still a group of Christians. Most of their worship songs are in Tagalog and Cebuano. The church goers were closing their eyes while singing, some were raising and waiving their hands above. The young musicians and singers were also doing the same—a sign of how strong their faith and devotion to God is.

Then there was this thing called “pray over” where those who were prayed over by the pastor fell down to the ground. I was shocked, but I want to give my opinion on that. Who wouldn’t fall down with that act when you are required to stand straight, breast out, stomach in, while the right hand of the pastor is on your breast. So with the pushing force lifted towards you, you will be pushed by the gravity of the hand. But when I shared this to my classmates, one of them said that when you are prayed over, you should let out all of your negative forces, for with that, the Holy Spirit will get in your systems. It is the Holy Spirit who will push you down.

It maybe was a funny fortuity, but I trust His will of bringing me to that place. When I opened my phone, several calls and texts from Auntie Gisela was registered in my phone, so I explained everything to her. I also told Auntie Cita about what had really happened.

But I admit that I hate the last part of the service, when the chorus of the recessional song was repeated more than 20 times. I was no happier where I am standing. I’m sorry if I was silently complaining that time Lord, but am still thankful that I was able to witness them and their devotion to You.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: