Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


They're still children


Last Friday, we had an outreach program at Balogo Elementary School, Sibulan and the giving of breads to poor children along the busy streets of Dumaguete City. And it’s a different feeling after having found the difference of attitude between those who are educated in schools, and those who are in different corners of the streets acting as beggars and ask money or foods from the passers.

Physically, the children in Balogo are respectful, obedient and cooperative, and they are in proper grooming, while the street children are like, “the parents were not able to buy them new clothes even once a year”. They are dirty, smell like rotten avocadoes, they keep walking, following the people’s direction.

Well I know these are common pictures between the two groups if someone really tries to compare, but their attitudes toward people is the big difference. Children in schools are attentive, formal in some little ways though we can’t take away from them their common manner of being “pasaway”. While the children especially in the boulevard lack the discipline, I’m sorry to say this. And I’m sorry to remark that some of them are “lack of breeding”.

I was a witness to the kind of attitude these children possess when once a girl, climb into me and never left me until I surrendered, stood and passed her to my co-staffer. We were supposed to be only having picture taking that time but I never thought that a girl will join us, not only to have picture but to change the mood of my night.

I admit I already feel tired on that walk, but the girl has brought my energy back through her action, in some little ways, I should thank her also.

Some say they are just overwhelmed with our visit, but if they really felt that, they should have not shown us that way. They can simply hug, talk or share something to us, or have a getting-to-know session, or other formal behavior.

I know the children of Balogo felt great also but I love the way they act because they stayed calm and formal.

This post has nothing to do of hurting those little children in the boulevard, I still consider them angels and gifts from heaven. I’m just trying to share my experience to others.

Maybe, that really is the common attitude among children, so I understand. And speaking of children, I miss my younger sisters now.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: