Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


What completes my summer?

Youth camp—I never miss my summer without joining in this activity, and this has brought me to Samar already. But that was 4 years ago. Another memorable camp was the Oktober Kamp (OKKA) by the Young Life Org last October 2008.







When I started to become a member of the Youth of Iglesia Filipina Independiente (YIFI), I become very active during their summer youth camps. For 3 years, I’ve attended YIFI camps already, held in different parts of Negros Oriental –Ayungon, Mabinay, and Bais.

But during preparations or prior the camp, to honestly say, a heavy load lies on our shoulders especially us, from La Libertad considering that the youth has no enough fund, and we are only depending on the amount of solicitation we earned. The vehicle that will carry us back and forth the camp site, the tent and its materials, the kitchen utensils, and the foods that we’ll consume are among these problems. And whatever the event may bring us, it’s our own responsibly.

Worst, it really happened when majority of my fellow youths who attended the camp last year in Mabinay got stomachaches and were rushed to the hospital after drinking dirty waters.

But that 2008 experience did not hinder us to join the 2009 camp, the year that YIFI celebrates its 40 years of existence or Ruby anniversary. It was still fun though the number of participants from our parish lessened into 50 percent.

That’s it! Joining youth camps completes my summer. While young, I’ll strive to involve myself into these kind of activity because I know, when I’ll get old, a cannot go back to what a teenager life is. "Regret comes at the end!"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: