Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Mga pinangga sa dos mil onse


The year of the rabbit has been a challenging age for me. Finding job in a big city has never been easy. It required patience and diligence. It took several weeks before I landed into a career—first in the city hall, second, being a secondary English teacher in a private Filipino-Chinese school. I was forced to leave the government for two months because of the delayed salary (for first timer employees). But it turned out to be like “playing” when after two months of being an educator, I resigned because I can’t handle the pressure, considering that I’m not an Education graduate and I can’t control the attitudes of some students who are really acting in their teenage states. Then I returned to the government, and that's where I am now.

But no regrets after all, because part of this journey is meeting wonderful people who have made a difference to your life. And I’d like to mention them here, the persons who became part of my beautiful and bountiful 2011. First is Ante Cita, my closest in the office and my best buddy. She became the bridge who introduced and gave me the privilege to teach in a state-of-the-art institution. She’s like a mother to me; Uncle Jeffrey, our God-fearing executive and my angel in the entrance to the government; Ma’am Rose, whom I’ve learned so much from, especially on important things related to the government; Sir Jun, the Frank Sinatra of Cebu, the great “bugoy” who always make us laugh, but who treats me as his daughter; Sir Vince, the quick and kind friend and employee who continue helping us especially in processing payrolls, requests, and technical works; my co-staffers at OSCA for the good treatment as the youngest in the office; my fellow “ka-friendship” employees at the City Hall; the senior citizen members and leaders of the different chapters of Cebu especially to Sir Lan (our OSCA Head), Ma’am Edith, Ma’am Panny, and the others who are often present in the office; my bubbly, intelligent, and good-looking students of Cebu Eastern College-High School (especially the third and second years); my co-teachers who were very kind to me when I was still at that school; Myrpha and Hyacinth, my sweet pupils in the regular evening tutorial sessions; my relatives, neighbors and friends at Sanciangko especially Auntie Lisa, Uncle Aye, other uncles, aunties and cousins who are supportive to my work; Ate Merlyn, my compassionate, generous landlady; and to all whom I’ve shared my worst and happy times with, this year.

I’m glad and grateful that God made you part of my 2011. Though most of my time is spent in Cebu, but never did I forget my good friends who are in Negros, and the others who are now staying in other place to work and settle, especially my batch mates in Mass Communication, The NORSUnian (TN), board mates, friends and family in La Libertad. I miss you that much. Gusto ko magkuyog tag usab. :(


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: