Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Astig mo ahh!


“Do not judge the book by its own cover.”

I've encountered this for several times already—meeting men/guys with “bad” looks (I mean the way people see them is the negative “they”, looks like they're “bad boys” because of how they carry their selves and appear in front of the majority). But when you approach them, you'll get to know that they're not how they appear to us. It's like saying that their face is rock, but their heart is as soft as mallows. Usually, this type grow beards in their face, hair not fixed well, fond of black, “snob”, arrogant at first impression, seldom smiles, etc.

Today, I got the occasion of talking with a guy who fits to the description I cited. He's an auditor at the Accounting Office. By fate, he was the one who checked and audited our documents for payroll. I had the chance of talking with him as he called my attention up regarding a miscalculation in our paper. As I went toward him, I felt uneasy. I thought I can't handle his attitude. But when he started talking and explained to me the matter, I was a little astonished. Who would expect that that would be the way he talks? He's in fact good and friendly, only that some may feel aloof to mingle with him because of his “astig” looks.

Actually, I saw him (for the first time) on the morning of the same day at the Mayor's Office, and I was already intrigued. I mean, I think I'm interested to know and befriend him. And that wish was granted in less than 12 hours.

While waiting for him to finish the auditing, the clock ticked at 3:00pm, and after observing the 3 o'clock prayer, he honestly told me that he will light a cigar outside (the building) to spend the remaining 10-minute break. He even asked my permission and uttered his concern if I can wait for a few minutes before finishing his work... that he even tapped my back if I was sure with my words. I responded with a kind smile, “okay ra sir” (it's okay sir).

*sigh* I think I like him (ahw? not part of the post)... he may look different, but with that first encounter with him, you can say that he's real. If you'd ask me, I prefer this type—“bad boy” look. It's easy to judge with what you see on the outside, but when you know who he really is, you'll be more impressed. So better not to mind with the cover, just read the content.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 chikaDORAs:

Albert Einstein☺ said...

This is so similar to what I've experienced when I was still a newbie in TN. I pressumed that the oldies are strict and snobbish but when I became a regular member of TN, I was delighted to know that they are not. Wish you all the best te DO.

optimistic dora said...

@ albert:

wow, happy to hear that from you bert...now u feel that u truly belong to tn and that you deserve to be there. thank you bert. regards to all.