Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


More than acquaintance


My last day of teaching was a surprise to my students. It was like an ordinary school day. On the day or days before that, no one knew that Friday, September 30, 2011 will be my last appearance in front of the class (of the four sections).

It was a strip of pain in my heart because I’ve already established a bond/friendship and have started loving my students. Yes, I love my students despite their attitudes (negative or positive it may be), because everyone is special and everyone has a reserved space here inside me. Though I’ve only taught for exactly two months and two days, but what I’m sure of is, I will miss them all.

From the four sections I’ve been teaching to, some students are serious, some are just okay (balanced), some are playful (hyperactive), some have low interest to academics for they want to give more concentration on the things that they want the most (such as basketball, dance, etc), some are quite, some are “never-mind” (those who are not giving attention and would just opt to text or listen to the songs downloaded in their phones).

But as I say, what I will miss most about them is the times when I’m with them… because every time I go mingling with these teenagers, I’m in high spirits, I am brought back to my younger years. But the moment I walk inside the faculty room, I feel the pressure, something intense. Though managing a discussion is also wearing, but somehow, your exhaustion is alleviated when you hear the brilliant ideas of your students as they share their insights and opinions regarding a topic, and when you see them meticulously doing the task you are asking them to do.

I’m sure, they are already grown up the next time I got to mingle with them. I hope they won’t forget me as their cheerful English teacher though I was only with them for a short period of time.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: