Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Strange stranger


We’ve been conducting this communication research/survey for two weeks now. We’ve been to different corners of main campuses I and II. We’ve met and approached many faces, but only one person captured my attention.

It was one Wednesday afternoon. We saw this guy sitting alone with his earphones while reading the contents of his notebook. I think he was studying that time.

He really looked like a frat member (as our study focuses on students joining in fraternities). So we went near him. I introduced myself, course and intention of doing the survey. He wasn’t able to hear my opening spill so I repeated my statement for clarity.

While my partner went to the other side to approach other students, I opted to stay and waited for the guy to finish answering. Later, he started talking. He was asking if this is part of our field study. I answered, “No, this is for our thesis.”

That was the start of my attraction to him. He looks like a real bad boy, different from the rest, but his attitude is opposite to how he projects in public. “He’s a good man,” I told myself.

I was just deeply amazed and impressed with him especially when he continued asking, “Unsa gane ng year anang second year high school ka?” I wasn’t able to get his point when he asked me this, so I responded, “Huh, unsa gane to?” while giving him a smile. He explained, “Kana ganeng usual age if second year ka. Pananglitan, seven if grade one.” Ahh, I now know what he meant. “Fourteen!” I said. “Kay if 4th year ka, 16 man, then 3rd year, 15.” I continued. Then he smiled and nodded his head up and down.

My research partner came back. She was at my back when the guy handed me the questionnaire. His smile was so appealing that one couldn’t expect that it comes from a “bad looking” guy.

Later when I know that he’s a member of the Knights of Columbus (in their church) because of my partner’s revelation that the guy is her crush, and that she let me be the one to approach him because she’s shy.

My partner told me more stories about the guy as the latter has been her crush for a long time. She furthered that the guy reminds her of her boyfriend—a guy in “bad looks” but good in persona. But her boyfriend is far from her as the latter is currently residing in Mindanao (while she’s in Visayas).

Now going back to the guy who caught my spirit, my eyes continued glimpsing at him from afar. Luckily after 30 minutes, we saw him again at the entrance of the school as students were barred from going out of the campus because of the event being held inside, the opening of the amphitheater.

He was there—sitting, chatting with his seatmate who we believed was also his brother in fraternity, and looking at anybody who passed by.

We continued the survey but it seemed that my eyes wanted to see and talk with him again, even for a short while.

I think I like him. I do. Not because of his appearance but because of his character that makes him stand out from the rest. And I seldom find people like him.


Pahabol na Salita: Sana ma-recognize pa rin niya ako pag-magkita kami ulit. Hahai, inlab na yata ako. Haha, ahw?


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: