Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Student-j life


I’ve been in Negros Oriental State University (NORSU) for three years now, and being part of the student publication is the greatest blessing that happened to me in college. Though I had already encountered many good things, still the negative experiences dominate.

Many would say that once you become a member of a highly respected and looked up to institutions in a university, like the school paper, you are already considered as cream of the crop. But I say “no!” In fact I do not consider my self as one of those “intelligents” but rather, I am someone who is willing to help my self by discovering more of what I can do, and help students by defending their rights and giving them the information that they need to know.

The three years I spent in the publication was tough and challenging, but the period that I will never ever forget was the first semester of the present school year.

As a student journalist, I was bound to experience everything—from pain to happiness. There have been instances that you are refused by supposed to be “important” interviewees, denied with statements, scolded by persons in high positions, criticized, snubbed and laughed at.

These are normal spices working in the school paper, but I’m glad to say that I am also sitting in a cloud of privileges. One of those advantages is the chance of meeting and interviewing “big” people in the political, economic, social and religious sector. Another is having the opportunity to go to different places.

With those, you have already established connections with people from different ages and status in life.

I therefore say that being part of the publication is the best thing that happens to me now that I’m in college.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: