Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


No more looking back...


When I, with two of my friends walked one afternoon, passing through an elementary school, I’ve come to think…how nice it is to go back to grade school days. Those were the times when I can do everything…I can enjoy what I want to play under the sun and the rain, I can eat those which I smell and see are delicious, I don’t have to worry with my clothes and how do I look in front of people, when I have no responsibility yet, when criticisms thrown were just shallow, when there was less emotional pain, when wounds and tears were easily healed by candies, chocolates, or ice creams, when every action and decision did not require enough thinking, when everything was just for a moment, when you were totally free.

These are few of the “bests” I had when I was in elementary, the experiences which are hard to erase. I thought these things remain until I grow up, but I am wrong. Everything changes, and change is constant. Sometimes, you can’t even notice that the change is happening right before your eyes… and sometimes, people change them.

Even how many times I wish to go back to childhood life, I know there’s no more way, it had already passed, years and years ago. There’s no more repetition for those things I used to do before. I need to accept that this is who I am now…to be thankful…to feel and enjoy that this is how far I’ve grown up.

And as what others do, I have to keep on reflecting on the changes that are happening in me as I continue with this uncertain journey, a journey which does not look back…

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

6 chikaDORAs:

Super Kaloy said...

Aw? Nah..usob napud ta Doh...
...ay salamat diay sa libre, hehehe ;)

Bitaw, it's nice to come back to elementary days...how I wish!

Stay fit Doh!!!!

D.L. Verzosa said...

i miss being a high school student...

Dhianz said...

yeah minsan tlgah parang ang sarap bumalik sa pagkabata... where life is more simple.. as u get older it seemed to get more complicated... or probably before we juz make it complicated... hayz.. oh yeah i'd like to share some of d' lines from d' short movie of tuesday w/ morrie.. nabasa moh na bah 'ung book nah 'un.. itz a great book...

-------------------------

Mitch: Coach, have you ever wish you're young again.

Morrie: .... I've been young. I know how miserable it can be being young.

Morrie: Aging isn't just a decay you know. it's growth.

Mitch: So how come nobody ever says... Gee i wish i were old!

Morrie: Because this culture worships youth. Me i do not buy it. I've had my time to be 22. This is my time to be 78.

Mitch: So you were never afraid of getting old?

Morrie: Ahh the fear of aging. You know what that reflects Mitch... Lives that haven't found meaning.

--------------------------------

hope u like it.. ingatz... Godbless! -di

optimistic dora said...

hehe, stay fit ka dyan! thank u jeh, friends jd tah...hehehehe,

ok ra uy, nxt tym btw ikaw na sad mang libre!

optimistic dora said...

@ aiLee920

sym tah, i miss high school and elementary! but di nman gd ma usab, huhu...we need to accept nlang,

optimistic dora said...

@ Dhianz

korek, life is simpler during childhood... hindi kailangang mgmungkang maganda, ahw? hahaha.... yeah, wlang masyadong arte, sakit sa ulo, sakit sa puso, etc...