Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Koreanovela Addiction

Why do I love Koreanovelas?

I think not only me has become addicted with the koreanovela invasion in the country. Almost every girl in Luzon, Visayas, Mindanao, and correct me, even gays and old citizens was infected with this virus brought from South Korea.


The addiction starts when the 'Lovers in Paris" came in the Philippine television. That became a very big hit. Vivian became a favorite of everybody. Unbelievable, my lola before who usually watched local teleseryes shifted to watch a foreign show.


Then next appeared in screen was the "Memories in Bali". This time, mama was the second addict. I remember, she did not let the night pass without seeing Paolo, the actor.


But my very first solid addiction took place when "Stained Glass" appeared where my first Korean crush Lee Dong Gun was one of the actors.. Unfortunately, our tv was destroyed. So I need to go to our neighbor's house to watch, a neighbor who can stay awake until 12 midnight because the time slot was 11:30-12:00 pm, very late! In the other channel, "Endless Love" was also a hit.


More Koreanovelas appeared in tv, but I preferred those in ABS-CBN, like the "A Love to Kill" and "Forbidden Love" (both serious love stories which faced many hindrances), and "Which Star Are You from?". Then came "Save the last dance for me", about childhood friends who kept their feelings for each other, then revealed later. Another were "Princess Lulu" about a running bride who then found his destiny in the image of the person who saved her, "Which star are you from", "Only You", and "My Girl". And when "Princess Hours" was telecast, "wow, a big wow!" It was so nice, so kilig! I can never forget Troy's image, a silent but charming guy.


"Three Dads with one Mom" was a cute story too. A complicated life of a lady who was abandoned after the man he is supposed to marry, died. Yet, the three friends of the man are ready to give a hand, and help the mother and her daughter.


Now, "Boys Over Flowers" put a big bang in the country. Actually I was not addicted to "Meteor Garden" of Taiwan, but with this new version of F4 with a new generation of faces, I can't explain the feeling whenever I watched it. If i were to choose, I would prefer to watch koreanovelas.

And why I love koreanovelas? Because of their characters whose beauties and personalities are rare, and of course, the story itself. It's not purely heavy drama, of adventure, of romance, but is mixed with funny encounters.

Many Koreanovelas had already existed in the Philippines, and my vision tells me that there will still be more to be shown to the Filipinos.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 chikaDORAs:

ewik said...

aw, as in? hahah! now you're addicted to it as much as the others are. well, i'm also one but then even if i am eager to watch the korean version because of technical problems, i'm still addicted to it.

optimistic dora said...

to ewik/chessa d'i:

"because of technical problems"? sosyal hah,hehe... we're both addict! cute mn gd sila brod, mka kilig sad! hahaha...