Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


The year that was


2009 is officially over and the year of the tiger is about to begin few hours from now. I don’t want to end the year without posting something memorable here in my blog by recalling the things which add drama and color to my simple life, those which made me discover the Dorothy Mae.


I want to make it detailed by remembering the events of the last 12 months.

January
The start of it all, ang kasikatan ng You Change my Life of John Lloyd and Sarah,maski ako ay na-intriga rin. Dito rin nagsimula ang application of technical works na related sa course naming, the start of the toughest moments ng batch ko,wherein we were bombarded with projects, with headaches, thinking na may
deadline na ini-impose for those. This was also the Lakra Tinta seminar of the
ublication.

February
On the 7th, umulan ng malakas which resulted to the adjacent towns of Bacong, San Jose, Sibulan, Amlan. I remember, it was during our PE Fun Day. Soaked in
wet, running, rushing for vehicles to return home, but we were already in Mangnao when we were able to ride. And nangyari na ang second most embarrassing and funny time of my life. Kasi nga baha ahh, hindi ko namalayan ang canal in front of the gate, sa house ng ante ko sa Calindagan, that’s why nahulog ako. Worst was, lahatng nandu’n sa bahay nakakita sa shining moment nay un, coz they were in the balcony that afternoon, watching the rain.
Another shining moment was when I received a plaque as a Dean’s lister for the
second time. Happy ako nun kasi mama bought me a digital camera as a gift, but
8 months lang, nasira ko na siya, nahulog eh while sumasakay ng pedicab sa Siquijor.
On February 14, we went to Bayawan to shoot our first tv commercial(requirement sa Advertising). Dun na rin kami nag celebrate ng Valentines day.

March
I regretted so much, hindi ako nakasama sa Bantayan Island wedding ni Uncle,
kasi kailangan kong tapusin ang character portrayal sa Literature or else, hindi
ako aabot sa cut-off grade. Hindi na rin kasi pwede’ng kumuha ng another
schedule aside doon sa ina-sign ng teacher for our section. On the 14th and 15th, nag Farewell Party sa TN for the outcoming staffers. Nakakalungkot yung times na yun kasi kailangan na naming mag-goodbye sa mga tao’ng naging bahagi ng college life namin. Noong ika-21, nakita ko si Giovanni sa Tanjay, isang tao na nakilala ko during my first solo trip to Dumaguete, bata pa ako nun, at until now, hindi ko pa rin siya makakalimutan. And on the 31st, I heard for the first time the name Albader Parad, the leader of Abu Sayyaf, and I was intrigued with his identity.

April
On the 16th-20th, I attended the YIFI Summer Youth Camp for the third time. Nag-leader-leaderan again sa camp kasi hindi naman active and Presidente namin. Actually, di na rin ako masyado’ng active sa grupo namin, cause sometimes lang ako’ng umuuwi sa’min, but at least, tumutulong pa rin. But on the night prior to it, nagtampo ako kay mama kasi ayaw niya sana akong pasamahin because wala’ng sure ang sasakyan na maghahatid sa’min. but ilang beses na rin kami’ng nka-experience ng ganun, yet, nakakapunta kami sa site, though kulang talaga sa pera.
Sa 25th, naisip ko na naman ang dream job ko, ang maging host ng isang show which features the different beautiful anf interesting places in the country. On the same night, I got mad with my sister, hindi kasi tumutulong sa mga gawaing-bahay eh. Nakakainis, panay watch tv and laag-laag.
On the 26th, we had a disco at La Libertad grounds for the incoming fiesta. My companions were my co-Yifinians from other towns.

May
Napanood ko si Anthony Taberna on May 11 at ano’ng show bay un (nakalimutan ko na), and naging idol ko na siya in the field of Citizen Journalism. He’s very good. Napakagaling na journalist, like my other idols.
On the 16th, nag-lie sa lahat ng tao sa bahay, na instead na sabihing Cebu ang pupuntahan ko, ay sinabi ko’ng pupunta lang akong Dumaguete para manood ng banda. Iniwan kasi ako ng mga cousins and barkada ko, kaya ayun, sumunod, sumakay ng pumpboat surrounded with pigs and carabaos. Ok lang, wala naman akong bayad kasi lolo ko ang may-ari ng vessel.
Wow, pag-uwi namin was an unpaid experience. We rode in a very small pumpboat, ang laki ng mga alon sa Tañon Straight, at ako lang ang babae sa grupo. Wow, nakakatakot yun kasi ang hampas ng alon ay pupunta talaga sa face mo. When we reached the shore of San Juan, nothing remained dry. Buti nalang nakabalot sa plastic ang phone ko.
Then few days after, pumunta naman ako solo sa San Carlos, and what I said was, pupunta lang akong Guihulngan. Wala lang, binisita ko lang ang place kasi matagal na rin yung pumunta kami buong pamilya, during the opening of Gaisano.
On the 25th, finally nag reach ng 100, 000 ang sent text messages ko, success! Pgka-27, start na ng enrollment for the 1st semester of sy 2009-2010, balik eskwela na naman.

June
On the 4th was the Visayas Vice-Mayor’s League wherein I met in person Cebu’s Michael Rama, and other vice-mayors from whole visayas, and the beautiful Korina Sanchez, at nakapag-picture pa kami. Four days after, I joined the Online Journalism Workshop of the Cultural Commission of the Philippines with top journalists from Negros Oriental, and students from other schools.
On the 18th, was the most important day of my life. I celebrated my 18th birthday, debut daw. Kasama ko sa happy moment ang three sa mga special group of friends ko—ang TN, 3rd year Mass Coms, at mga board mates ko. For the first time, I have to admit, uminom ako ng 5 shots of liquor which is a combination of lime juice and gilbeys. Parang juice lang yun eh, hindi ko talaga sya ma-consider na hard drink. Parang wala lang!
Sa 24, which was also the fiesta of our sitio na hindi ako nakauwi, nag-drama ako about love life. Ewan ko bah, para’ng dun na nag-start ang pag-eemote ko sa life, nakakainis! On the 26th, I was very happy, and I couldn’t believe na may tao pa lang nakaka-appreciate sa’kin, nakakakita sa “kagandahan” ko daw, especially sa smile. I don’t know kung totoo, basta it was nice to hear it from a guy, from someone na napalapit na rin sa puso ko.

July
Malungkot ang month na ‘to kasi na-admit sa sina Amanda and Alyanna due to pneumonia, roommates pa nga sila sa Medical Center. God is good because 1 week lang lang at nakalabas na sila. Ayoko’ng nakikita’ng nahihirapan ang mga kapatid ko ehh, nasasaktan ako ‘cause I love them so much. On the 29th, ahai, nandito na namana ang emote ni Inday. Sa 31st, naku nag crumming kasi deadline na sa registration of organizations, at ako yung inatasan ni Arian na mag-work sa lahat ng yun.

August
On the 7th, I realize, I’m falling for someone. Sino kaya yun? Basta, siya na yun! Pagka-19, we went to NORSU-Pamplona campus for the Harvest Festival. It was my 2nd time to cover the event and every year, there’s always something new.
Pagka-22, I attended the KKB Acquaintance and that was the start of my membership in the organization. There, I saw for the second time, an interpretation of the song “Everything” by Lifehouse. Maganda ang lyrics ng kanta for it tells of the temptations present in the society. At the last evening of the month, nandyan na naman ang emoting session ni lola.

September
On the 4th was the last airing of Tayong Dalawa teleserye, and I was touched by the song “And I love you so” sung by Richard Poon on the wedding of Kim and Gerald. Sa 7th, emote again. On the 12th, wow, one of my short-time wishes came true—to visit Siquijor. It was an unexpected travel because it was on Saturday, and we had a class that day. But the teacher was not around to I told my paryente na board mate that I will go with him. I always told him that I will really go to their place, so on that day because I still have a small amount left from my honorarium, I went after my paryente at the port. It was timing that the cargo did not go yet. It’s a long story to tell, anyway, I posted it in my blog about my Siquijor experience, just check it.
On the 18th, while I was at the house of my auntie and watched Myx at dawn, I’ve heard another painful song and seen the video of Pain by Arnel Pineda of Zoo band.
On the 20th was one of the most unforgettable words I heard from a guy. I wanted to stop him from repeating those because it might led me to being crazy for him, especially that at that time, I started to like him.
On the 30th, ahw? wala lang magawa sa office, so I made a blog account exclusive for the family’s account.

October
First on the raw, 16th, tears fell because of the article I’ve written, wherein many reacted, denied, judged me, but I don’t want to go back to those moments again, I’ll just only get sad. Three days after, I did not recover yet, but I cried for another reason. Nakakainis, naging iyakin ako this month.
Sa 20, another unexpected expedition, still posted in my blog—Santander visit for our tv news program in major, wherein hindi kami nakauwi sa’min maski sembreak, dahil sa project na yun.
On the 27th, I love that night. It was a confession for us, 3rd years. That week, we faced the thorns of our majors, that’s why the friendship and firmness of the group was also tested. Kaya yun, nagpalabas ng sakit ng loob, hinanakit, galit, disappointments, lahat ng negatibo sa bawat isa’ng ka-klase.

November
November 3, I heard the first Christmas song of the year “Sana ngayong pasko”. Paparating na rin kasi ang season eh. Sa 7th, birthday ni Kakay, another neglected bday bday of a sister, hindi na naman ako nakauwi.
The following days, na adik sa mga lyrics ng mga padugo’ng kanta. This month, Arianne revealed that she won’t be continuing with her studies so I need to take her place as president of Mass Com Society in our school. Dito nagsimula ang another burden sa buhay ko. Ok nalang sana yung vice ako, kasi at least, may magdidikta sa’kin, ngayon ako na’ng magdidikta at gagawa ng desisyon. Hahay, hindo ko pa naman alam mamuno. But I have no choice, hierarchical system ang masusunod.
The Maguindanao massacre broke, an issue even until the international tv and newpapers, because of the damage of lives it brought to innocent civilians including journalists. It was brutal!
On the 26th, another unforgettable scene sa room was nung I saw a snake at the cabinet, “dupong” daw tawag dun according to them. It was very mysterious how a snake reached the 3rd cabinet. Haha, I can still recall how it looked like when I saw it first before shouting. It twists its body, yellow skinned and oily color.
The 28th was the start of our Founder’s celebration. Ahai, it was a headache. I need to keep the org intact on the event, to encourage them to join in the activities, to maintain a watcher in our booths, to manage everything, including the assigned tasks from LSO, what a week!

December
It’s Christmas month! On the 6th, I watched the Gawad Kalinga theme song, “Time to shine”, ang ganda ng video, colorful, for the youth. Hmm, we went to news leggings for the major subjects. On the 18th, we had outreach program at Balogo, Sibulan with the elementary pupils. What a different feeling when you make children smile. The next day, caroling at Zamboaguita, giving white gifts to less fortunate people in the coastal area. On the 20th-22nd, TN Christmas party. Wow, ang dami’ng pangyayari’ng hindi ko makalimutan sa occasion nay un, and one of the blessings I get was receiving the gift I am wishing to have. Thanks to my manito, Puldo!

2009 has been a very great year to me, and I really thank God for letting me experience the best of that year. I met more people, I went to different places, I cried yet laughed more, I sinned yet forgiven, I become mature and responsible, everything, all that happened was part of 2009, some are remembered, some forgotten.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: