Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


On cam (a live coverage moment)


Just arrived back at school after hosting the colorful and “bonggacious” Hugyawan 2010 Street dancing competition with Jeremiah.

Two days ago when we were informed that we’ll be the one to present and promote the festival through a live coverage over Fil Products, I didn’t know where to search or borrow a costume that would fit to the occasion theme. The Festival Chairman suggested that I should look like a member of an ethnic tribe. But I nodded my head slowly as I listened to his ideas.

“Instead of that, what if I’ll just a wear simple green-dominated dress?” I asked myself. Yes! I remember the green Poison Ivy costume of Mama Bea which she wore during our Cosplay Party. So, I brought it to my boarding house and tried if I also look okay with that. Perfect! Thus, I also borrowed her shoes and accessories that are really fitted to the environment or nature concept.

It was already a “sexy” or “shufah” attire for me (for I was not used in wearing that kind), but I just kept in mind that I should look presentable, not “far out” from the rest of the contingents.

So much for that attire thingy, let’s swing to another subject—about my first ever live television coverage experience. Of course, I already anticipated that we’ll be invading the sunny streets as the street dancing would start at 1:00pm and ends at 3:00pm.

It was exhausting—walk, talk, run from here to there. Ganyan pala yan, now I know. But we made a mistake. Regrettably, we were behind the first three Hugyawan contingents at the downtown area where we’re supposed to give the synopsis of each contingent’s Hugyawan entry/story. That’s why we just proceeded to the fourth group.

Another defect was the faulty microphone of Fil Products that oftentimes, we need to have a “mic check” (for many times) before taking the next shoots. And one thing before I forget, while we had our opening spiel/intro at the boulevard, I slipped out of my tongue the rival network of Fil Products which is the Sky Cable. Haha, the Fil people might think that I prefer Sky Cable than Fil.

But thank God that we were still able to interview Dr. Sojor (the father of the university) since we weren’t able to do the interview prior the street showdown (that was supposed to be our plan).

Despite the flaws, the live reporting came out fine. Yes, errors are inevitable especially if you’re a first timer. Even professionals do. But I’m proud of myself and of my partner because not all has the guts to do that.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 chikaDORAs: