Bonjour chérie


...You're now inside the world of the optimistic


...So explore, feel free to read and interact

...Thanks. Have a great day!


Dying out fumes of smoke


Last night was the end of the celebration of the founding anniversary of Negros Oriental State University (NORSU). I was riding in this tricycle when the fireworks started exploding which signified the end of the week-long celebration. I almost regret why I immediately got in a motorcycle without seeing the beautiful fireworks presentation of our school, but good that the driver stopped and also watched the minute long display of magnificent fireworks.

Sincerely, when I see fireworks, what immediately comes to mind is my school, NORSU. Since I was in first year, I’ve always heard that the school is spending too much, hundreds of thousands specifically for fireworks display. Yes, I admit that hearing this information saddened me a lot. Instead of a minute long presentation, they could have displayed these firecrackers for two-three minutes and spent an amount as low as 50K.

But later on, I realized that this display of colorful, gleaming explosives is a thing that brings happiness to every student. Let’s not talk of money this time. Instead, we should swing our attention to a more enchanting side because we’re celebrating the birthday of our school and not its funeral.

Let’s admit that fireworks give us pleasure. By simply looking up to it as they shine in the skies, we are already delighted. One sign is when we utter a long, “Wow!”

Thus, I commend the works of our enterprising Daddy (President Henry Sojor), for considering what could please his students especially during founding anniversaries. And I’d like to add that Dr. Sojor is one of the persons I looked up as role model for every individual.

A little emotion

Thinking that this will be my last year in NORSU, I almost cried when I saw the display above. I know I can still find more and better displays than what my school can offer, but the significance, the company I have, the place, everything that is found underneath the light and bright presentation, can I still find them?

My joyful sensation fell the moment I saw the last NORSU fireworks in my life. You may react that I was just becoming melodramatic, but that’s what I truly felt.

The unjust part

But despite the praises and presentations, I’d like to comment on the unfair policy and situation happening at the entrance area for last night’s Rocksteddy concert. It was held at the open courts of our school instead of the usual venue—the gymnasium (as daddy won’t allow the organizers to use the gym). Thus, a student cannot get in the campus without a ticket.

In my case, I was supposed to go to the publication office, and not to the concert, but I can’t get in for according to them, I didn’t have the ticket as passes to the campus. So, was it mandatory to really buy a ticket just to get in the campus though your intention of getting in is not related to the concert?

The problem with the guards and the officers in the security office was that, they tend to be deaf on the voice of students. They did not understand us. They let themselves be puppets of this telecommunications network which was the one sponsoring the concert. If you don’t know to deceive them, then you can’t really get in. And that’s what we did.

That process really dismayed and angered the students who are standing outside, looking desperate, soaked in wet because of the heavy rain, unlit because of the sudden brown out which killed the “Talentadong Norsunians” show outside the campus.

Were the students supposed to be enjoying, or waiting outside? It should be blamed to the school administration, to the security personnel, and to that telecommunications company.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

2 chikaDORAs:

Unknown said...

When I think too, that this will be my last year, I get melodramatic. That's cause we will be leaving a lot of good friends here. But life does not end when we graduate. There is still loads of adventure waiting for us outside this university. And I know that though we wont physically be here after a few months, a part of us will stay. :)

optimistic dora said...

@ mary:
yeah, we're physically absent but
emotionally present in this area marg. wherever we'll go, surely, we'll always be bringing the memories we have in this university.